Printmaking Open Studio Program
January 17th, 2016- March 24th, 2016
Tuesday & Thursday- 6PM-9PM
Artworks Printmaking Open Studio is designed specifically for individuals working at advanced levels in printmaking and offers facilities for woodblock, linoleum block, relief, silkscreen, monoprint, collagraph and letterpress. There will be a studio monitor to assist, but no ongoing instruction is given. Participants are expected to be able to function independently with regard to their own work. They are also expected to perform the technical tasks necessary to the operation of the studio as a whole.
Artists will have use of press, equipment and tools. Ink, paper, and other materials are not included.
Artworks will be offering printmaking classes and workshops in the future that will qualify artists for this program but currently artists must already have knowledge of materials, tools and equipment.
15 spots are available. Application and portfolio review required.
Printmakers may join on a space available basis. A waiting list is maintained for those persons desiring to join the Open Studio program who have demonstrated that they possess the technical ability to function independently in the studio. Fee will be due upon acceptance to the program.
1. Fill out the APPLICATION FORM
2. Send up to three digital images and a resume/CV to email@example.com . Image files must be 300dpi, no larger than 2MB. Image name must include the artist’s last name.
Monitor: Jesse Vincent & Amanda Chesney
The Printmaking Studio is open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6 – 9pm, and Sundays, 1 – 4pm. Studio hours may be modified from time to time in order to accommodate Workshops and Artworks events. Artworks is closed for Memorial Day Weekend, Art All Night (3rd Weekend in June), Fourth of July Weekend, Labor Day Weekend, Christmas, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
* Charles Brand Press (28" x 48" bed)
* Cutler Hammer Electric Press (28" x 48" bed)
* Dolan Woodblock Press (16” x 24” bed) * Vandercook Letterpress Proof Press (15” x 32” bed)
* X-Vactor Exposure Unit with analog timer
* Washout Booth with pressure washer
* Brayers in all sizes
* Flat files and drying racks